Sunday, July 12, 2009

Be Picky - Start Your Day off Right



Ahhhh, Coffee. The best part of waking up. I don't have to have it everyday, or even the same time of day, but I do enjoy a big mug of a medium roast on a regular basis. However, there are some things to consider before ordering that tall-triple-shot-extra-foam-soy-latte because even if you prefer your coffee black, made the right way, a good cup of coffee can really be very green. I am sure most people wake up daily to the aroma of a pot of coffee quietly percolating from their own kitchens. There is nothing novel about coffee machines and the concept of making your coffee at home. More recently, we seem to have developed an addiction to specialty chain coffee shops with their calorie-laden treats, and we have formed a wallet-draining habit. 
Skip out on all those disposable cups, lids, and sleeves, conserve the fuel used to get there, and get back in touch with an age-old (and super simple) process. I was able to survive without a coffee maker in my apartment for an unbelievably long time. I was just fine picking up a coffee-shop coffee on occasion when I wanted to treat myself. Then I started wanting more control over the quality and ingredients being used so I decided to go kitchen appliance shopping. Of all the machines on the market, I walked out with the smallest, cheapest yet chicest coffeemaker of all; a french press. It doesn't even have a plug! it is the un-machine which only adds to the appeal and is beautiful enough to bring to the table. It's known as the coffee connoisseur's coffee making method for good reason and is so simple it makes me wonder why we need all of these complicated, expensive machines on the market or so many coffee shops for that matter. Now I can have an organic, shade grown, fair trade cup of coffee whenever I want and can compost the grounds when I'm done.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

comments

0 Responses to "Be Picky - Start Your Day off Right"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates