Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Be Active - Running Late



I'm convinced that I'm in on a secret. It wouldn't seem this way if more people talked about it or if I thought it was at all obvious, but they don't and I guess it's not. Normally tight-lipped when secrets are concerned, this is worth sharing and I'm talking! This heightened perspective dawned on me as I routinely walked past the gym this morning en route to my favorite running destination. Today, however, I took notice to the people I could see through the glass who were pounding away on rows of treadmills Not seeing how running in this way could possibly be enjoyable, I felt sorry for all of them; probably completely unfulfilled, unpresent, and unmotivated. They must not know...There is another way....
Running is running, right? Wrong! I choose to run somewhere beautiful, ever-changing, challenging and full of endless destinations. Where is this place and how can you find a location near you? I have good news, it's called the Great Outdoors, you can find it anywhere, it's always open and, best of all, it's absolutely free! As I began my run in Central Park, I tuned into all of the reasons running has become this craving I don't feel at all bad about feeding. I look forward to it and actually consider it an activity I enjoy instead of counting down on a digital display the minutes/calories/miles left until the self-inflicted torture can end. Don't get me wrong. Any efforts to raise your heart beat are admirable in the eyes of health. The benefits are apparent even besides the obvious; the über convenience of starting a workout as soon as you walk out of your front door, no special equipment is needed, no judgments, no memberships or fees. The earth has provided us with the perfect landscape to run on and use. So why don't more people use it? Consider this: Oxygen does, in fact, come from trees and other plant life, not an HVAC. Doesn't it make sense to be breathing in fresh, from the source air you need and breathing out the carbon dioxide plants need instead of running on some plugged in machine that is sucking energy from the grid and polluting the earth? It's the perfect relationship of give and take! Did I mention the part about no judgments?!

comments

0 Responses to "Be Active - Running Late"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates