Monday, September 7, 2009

Be Efficient - Paperless, continued



Now that you’ll have less and less unwanted mail showing up via USPS, maybe we can all get excited about getting letters from people again. Although I am always trying to reduce my consumption, especially when natural resources are concerned, I am still a believer in the importance of hand written notes and love beautiful stationery. I’ll scour several shops all over town just to find the perfect card for someone special. Recently, I needed to find father’s day cards, a graduation card and, birthday cards for three different family members. While reading through just about the entire selection at Papyrus, one of my favorite places for these very special paper products, I noticed more than just the sentiment inside. Every card displayed the company’s commitment to long-term environmental sustainability and I found they have an entire green line which uses paper from responsibly managed forests or post consumer material, soy and vegetable based inks, and eco-friendly production methods. I picked up boxed notes, wrapping paper, journals: all green and all up to my very picky standards! I am thrilled to know that beautiful, environmentally friendly cards are available on the market and that I don’t have to become completely paperless to be eco-conscious.  Evidently, there is still much to do with mail that is worthy of excitement and nothing trumps having a handwritten note from someone special appear in your mailbox.


comments

0 Responses to "Be Efficient - Paperless, continued"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates